Generally, we are asked by users that why they should use WordPress where there is an opportunity to use free blogging services such as Ghost, Blogger, Tumbler and etc. and many users search an appropriate answer for their common question that “what blogging platform should I use?” This article will be more helpful for those users who are searching for an appropriate answer.
Because here we share Medium versus WordPress and where should you start a Blog from every platform with the pros and cons. WordPress and Medium are the two fairly fundamentally different tools. They are completely different and if you know perfectly how to use them then you can get the benefit at the same time from WordPress and Medium. Here we discuss the fundamental differences between WordPress and Medium and you can choose that platform that would be right for you.
Introduce of Medium and WordPress:
Medium: Medium is the big and fancy platform of stories but that have some real effects so that this site can attract an audience. If you have more ideas and content instead of GIF-fest that is like tumbler then Medium would be the best platform for you. At first, you need to sign up for a medium account to create an own content. But keep in mind that you don’t do anything because there are some limitation and condition that we share alternating.
WordPress: WordPress is one of the most popular and most used platforms for the full-scale content management system. Its easy platform to manage content and your basic level of knowledge are enough to do it and you don’t need to know how to code. To create a blog simply you can use it.
Some features of Medium:
- It’s social: Medium was started by Evan William who helped to start Twitter and we know that Twitter is one of the most popular social sites. As a publishing platform Medium is more important than another platform. Of course, content is important for this platform but there are many ways to make a fundamental experience that make a connection between the writer and the audience. If you like more an article or stories then you can share it with your friends and flowers and you can comment directly. Your followers can see them and they can join this conversation.
- Series on mobile: Medium is a kind of experimental platform. There are a lot of ways and you can try new things to see what and how works. Medium is similar to Instagram or Facebook stories. Like a card-based magazine, you can publish serialized content. You can also add text and photos. You can’t get this advantage from WordPress.
- Cleanliness: not only in terms of content rating but also in terms of style, design, and UX Medium is clean. Medium is a platform of a writer but if you want you can embed videos and images. Black text with a white background in a single column would be the center of the screen.
- It’s so fast: another blogging platform can slow down but for posting, browsing, reading and connecting Medium is so fast.
Important features of WordPress:
- Completely customizable: for the Medium platform you need to think a lot about your blog design but if you are WordPress user then you get unprecedented control. There is nothing that you can’t do with widgets, plugins, and theme at your command. So, if you don’t like any shackles and want a totally customized platform then WordPress will be the best option for you.
- Manage content: WordPress is not only a blogging platform but also you can use this platform if you have not any blog. If your website is the primary focus, not blog then we suggest to using WordPress because it would be the best bet for you. The downside of WordPress has fully realized the content management system. If you want more you need to do more and if you want less then you don’t need to do more.
- Semi-social: downside and weak point of WordPress are that it’s not social like Medium. Medium focuses on certain features but WordPress has lacked social networking. But you can share your post with any network groups and they also can leave comments.
- Content control: for self-hosted WordPress like .org version, you can completely control your words, files, WP installations and everything. Even if you don’t decide to close up your shop or any catastrophic happens then your blog and content will be there.
- Growing into your own brand: on this platform, you have total control about what you want to promote of your site. You can decide how to capitalize on brand recognition and content. And day by day increase your site popularity. You have full control of this site.
- Design possibilities: there are available a lot of paid WordPress theme with unlimited customization option and innovative design that themes are designed by professionals. WordPress gives you that opportunity to give your site a unique look. If you want more you can hire developers and designers.
- Freedom to move: as an open platform WordPress gives you that opportunity to move freely all of your content. From WordPress, you can import and export of your data, comments, and user. It has amazing backup plugins that will restore your site.
- Security: we know that it’s a self-hosted platform that means you are responsible for the security and safety of your site.
- Future: this platform is managed by a community including users and independent developers. This platform ensures that if a core developer will leave the project, then this project won’t stop. Now in the whole world, this platform turns in to the largest content management system.
Medium versus WordPress: the verdict
At the end, we don’t support one platform as the winner because there are enough benefits from these two platforms. You need to decide which one you want and which one will be perfect for you. If you want, you can use both platforms. But if you want to keep your blog live then we suggest you use WordPress. Through this platform, you can easily manage your site that is totally customizable.
We think this article helped you to know the details about Medium versus WordPress. WordPress is a totally free platform on the other hand Medium is also a good platform. You can also use this on both platforms if you want. At first, try to know what you want then select platform and I hope this article will help you to select the best option.